- When: Thursday, November 13, 2014 from 5:00-9:00pm
- Social Hour at Barley’s downtown – about 5:00pm (click for directions)
- Laughlin Print Competition deadline at Farmer’s Mutual – about 6:30pm
- Seminar / Meeting at Farmer’s Mutual – about 7:00pm
- Where: Farmer’s Mutual of Tennessee (837 Hall of Fame Drive, Knoxville, TN 37917 – click for directions)
- What: Professional Photographers of East Tennessee Monthly Gathering
- PPETN Members: Free to attend
- Non-Members: $20.00 to attend (first visit is free—join here)
The November meeting for PPETN (Professional Photographers of East Tennessee) will be Thursday, November 13 at Farmer’s Mutual of Tennessee in downtown Knoxville. We encourage members to attend our Pro Photographers’ Social + Networking Hour directly before the meeting at Barley’s Taproom & Pizzeria in downtown Knoxville (click for directions – see below). The 6:30 PM deadline for Laughlin Print Photography Competition (held at Farmer’s Mutual – click for directions) is still in place (details below) and the program will be from 7:00-9:00 PM.[/two_third]
Pro Photographers’ Social + Networking Hour
Members are encouraged to get together for our social and dinner hour in the Old City (Barley’s) before our monthly meeting. This is a time for all pro photographers in Knoxville—young and old, new and experienced—to get together and network, socialize, and have fun with our peers. We typically go to Barleys before (and sometimes after) our meetings.
Pro Photo Seminar Program
Presented by Amy Zellmer, Cr. Photog.
In this class will cover marketing, pricing, products, sales, and posing!
The first half will cover many of the promos that have worked for me, as well as my pricing structure and sales techniques.
In the second half I will demonstrate my top selling poses, as well as introduce you to my “Infinite Posing” techniques. I want you to learn how to really jump-start this niche in your studio!
To learn more about the presenter, check out their bio at the bottom of this page.
Laughlin Print Photography Competition
Our Pro’s Choice “Photographer of the Year” is awarded based on the votes of fellow professional photographers and pays for our annual scholarship! So make sure to bring your prints in for submitting. You can compete to be this year’s Pro’s Choice “Photographer of the Year!” (Studio, Active, and Aspiring members may submit to the competition. Studio and Active members may vote in the competitions.)
Checklist for Submitting Images (all are required):
- Prints must be accompanied by a $3 entry fee per print (up to four entries allowed).
- Prints needs to be an un-mounted print no larger than 8.5×12”, no smaller than 8×10”.
- Prints should not have any markings that identify the photographer.
- Prints may be placed in sleeves for protection.
- Prints will be accepted between 6:00pm and 6:30pm. Voting will take place from 6:30pm until 6:45pm.
- Prints must be accompanied by a digital image file with a minimum resolution of 2000 pixels on the longest side AND less than 1 MB file size. The digital image file(s) must be submitted in advance of the competition either by email to Ben Moser at email@example.com, or members may bring digital image file(s) on disposable digital media storage* prior to the beginning of the competition. Entries will not be accepted without a digital copy provided in advance of the competition.
Points towards our Pro’s Choice “Photographer of the Year” will be recorded each month.
All monthly winning images will be published on the website with back-links to your website (verify your website is correct on our members page). This will help with your exposure (P.R.) and SEO (search engine optimization)!
Entry fees provide funding each year for the awarding of the Michael Laughlin Memorial Scholarship. This is a $500 scholarship members can apply for to attend any PPA approved school or training event. The criteria and application is available on the PPETN.com website and we encourage members who qualify to apply.
*If you choose to submit images via portable media, that media may not be returned. In the case of USB flash drives, the drive must be well labeled and will be returned to you, but due to data storage limits, it may not be returned until a later date. Please communicate with Ben Moser how and when you prefer to have your drive returned to you, and he will do what he can to make that happen.
PPETN Door Prizes
This year, we have begun to give away door prizes at our monthly meetings (we’ve already given away hundreds of $$$ worth of gear and equipment)—all you have to do is be present to win! Door prizes have been generously donated to PPETN by our featured speakers, local and national photography labs, education companies, and equipment manufacturers.
As available, we will give one door prize out to the first-place entry in the Laughlin Print Photography Competition, and one will be given randomly to an Active, Studio, or Aspiring member in good standing AND in attendance. Repeat: You MUST be present to win a door prize!
Amy Zellmer, Cr. Photog., is the owner of Custom Creations Photography in Saint Paul, MN. In business since 1997, she has been photographing Boudoir for the past 7 years, with it being about 75% of her business. She is a Past-President of the TCPPA and active member of PPA. In 2008 and 2011, Amy was named 2nd & 3rd place Wedding Photographer of the Year by the TCPPA; and has also won numerous awards for her photography and album designs. In 2010 she founded My Photo Biz Coach to help inspire and educate photographers to become the Rockstar Photographer that they intend to be.