- When: Thursday, July 24, 2014 from 5:00-9:00pm
- Social Hour: 5:00-6:30pm at Barley’s Taproom & Pizzeria (just down the street)
- Workshop: 6:30-9:00pm at Dave Moore Studio
- Where: Dave Moore Studio (127 West Jackson Avenue, Knoxville, TN 37902)
- What: Professional Photographers of East Tennessee BONUS Member Workshop
- Cost: Must be a PPETN Member to attend (FREE)—join here
- Parking: There are many paid parking lots nearby and they will boot you if you don’t pay for the parking. So, if you park in a paid area, pay the meter. There is free parking available in the Jackson Ave. lot west of the Gay Street Bridge, on the Gay Street Bridge, and on the street after 6pm (meters aren’t patrolled after 6pm), and under the interstate bridge on East Jackson Ave.
The last meeting for PPETN (Professional Photographers of East Tennessee) covered how to calibrate your photographic equipment including within camera (LCD screen, your JPG rendition, micro-adjusting your lenses, color calibration, exposure and more), and more. Now, we are going to put the seminar to practice with a FREE calibration workshop for PPETN members!
The workshop will be Thursday, July 24 at Dave Moore Studio (behind Remedy Coffee Shop) on Jackson Ave. in downtown Knoxville. We encourage members to attend our Photographers’ Social + Networking Hour directly before the workshop at Barley’s Taproom & Pizzeria in downtown Knoxville (see below).
Photographers’ Social + Networking Hour
Members are encouraged to get together for our social and dinner hour in the Old City (Barley’s) before our BONUS workshop. This is a time for all pro and semi-pro photographers in Knoxville—young and old, new and experienced—to get together and network, socialize, and have fun with our peers.
Camera Calibration Photography Workshop
Come join the fellowship and networking while you calibrate your camera! We will have all the equipment out and will be there to help you fully calibrate your camera to get the most out of your investment. Consider how much you have invested in that gear—is it worth an evening to push your gear to it’s fullest?
We will be assisting in micro-adjusting as many lenses of your lenses as possible. Everyone interested will do one lens until everyone has had an opportunity and then we’ll go back around until everyone has had a chance. So make sure you bring all your lenses and camera bodies!
We will have a station so that you can create a DNG profile for your camera so it renders colors as closely as possible. We’ll create a Dual-Illuminant DNG profile for you take home. Make sure you also bring a thumb drive so that you can take that profile home.
We’ll also have opportunities to check the exposure of your cameras.
All this with a lot of fellowship – what would be more fun to do on a Thursday???