This is an individual membership and a limited-term membership type designed to instill professional photography ethics, values, and expectations, as well as goals, skills, and techniques in students of photography with the ultimate goal of becoming a trained, confident, and contributing Active Professional Photographer Member of PPETN.
- Professional Friendships, Networking, & Support System
- Annual Pass for Standard Live Class & Hands-on Workshop Events (example topics below)
- Studio Management
- Sales Techniques
- Pricing Guidance
- Lighting Skills
- Posing Techniques
- Discounted Premium Live Class & Hands-on Workshop Events
- Complimentary Bonus & Social Events Access
- Referral Opportunities
- Member Perks & Savings (10-50% + Freebies)
- Mentorship Program Access
- Online Member Community & Forum Access
- Skill & Portfolio Development
- Professional Image Competition Opportunities (Annual)
- Laughlin Photography Scholarship Opportunity
- Leadership Opportunities
- Creative & Business Inspiration
- Certified Professional Photographer Support & Preparation
- PPA Merit-earning Opportunities
- Professional Accountability & Encouragement
- Easy Membership Management
- Future Benefits Development
- And much, much more…
- Active Student Photographer Members are encouraged to also be members in good standing with the Professional Photographers of America, Inc. (PPA). If a PPETN Member is also a PPA Member, they are required to supply their PPA membership number.
- Active Student Photographer Members:
- Do not have voting rights nor can they hold office in PPETN.
- May not enter submissions to or vote in the Laughlin Print Photography Competition (monthly). They may enter submissions to the PPETN Annual Image Salon Competition, but may not win awards.
- Have all other rights and privileges of membership not specifically prohibited here.
The Active Student Photographer Membership type is offered one time only and is not offered to members who, at any point in time, have been Active Aspiring Photographer Members, Active Professional Photographer Members, Active Professional Studio Members, Retired Professional Photographer Members, or Honorary Professional Photographer Members. The Active Student Photographer Membership type may, at the discretion of the B.O.D., not be offered to an individual whose professional experience suggests they are not an untrained student photographer.
- Be currently enrolled in a high school or accredited post-secondary educational institution
Be currently enrolled in classes that are focused on the development of photography skills or techniques (or a field related to the study of photography), or have officially declared a major, minor, or other focus of study related to the field of photography.
- Furnish proof of current enrollment.
Active Student Photographer Members may only remain eligible for this membership type while they are currently enrolled in an institution described above. Once they are no longer enrolled (or able to provide proof of enrollment), Active Student Photographer Members must select an eligible Membership Type.
Your annual membership will auto-renew and you can cancel anytime before your membership renews.
Any member failing to remit their dues by their membership dues due date shall be deemed “Not in good standing.” Failure to remit dues after one month shall be considered cause for cancellation of membership.