This is a group membership and a standard membership type for all multi-employee professional photography studios within PPETN. Active Professional Studio Memberships include individual memberships for a single (1) Principal Studio Photographer (owner/operator) and up to three (3) Additional Studio Photographers.
- Professional Friendships, Networking, & Support System
- Annual Pass for Standard Live Class & Hands-on Workshop Events (example topics below)
- Studio Management
- Sales Techniques
- Pricing Guidance
- Lighting Skills
- Posing Techniques
- Discounted Premium Live Class & Hands-on Workshop Events
- Complimentary Bonus & Social Events Access
- Referral Opportunities
- Member Perks & Savings (10-50% + Freebies)
- Mentorship Program Access
- Online Member Community & Forum Access
- Skill & Portfolio Development
- Professional Image Competition Opportunities (Monthly & Annual)
- Win Awards in Professional Competitions (Monthly & Annual)
- Online Publicity for Award-Winning Images
- Eligible to win East Tennessee “Photographer of the Year”
- Laughlin Photography Scholarship Opportunity
- Find A Photographer Directory Listing
- Online Marketing Benefits (Backlinks & SEO)
- Leadership Opportunities
- Creative & Business Inspiration
- Certified Professional Photographer Support & Preparation
- PPA Merit-earning Opportunities
- Professional Accountability & Encouragement
- Easy Membership Management
- Future Benefits Development
- And much, much more…
- The Principal Studio Photographer of an Active Professional Studio Membership has all rights and privileges of membership including holding office and voting.
- The Principal Studio Photographer is highly recommended to also be a member in good standing with the Professional Photographers of America, Inc. (PPA). The Additional Studio Photographers are encouraged to also be members in good standing with PPA. If a PPETN Member is also a PPA Member, they are required to supply their PPA membership number.
- The Additional Studio Photographers of an Active Professional Studio Membership:
- Do not have voting rights nor can they hold office in PPETN.
- May enter submissions to the Laughlin Print Photography Competition (monthly) or PPETN Annual Image Salon Competition, but may not vote in the competition.
- Are non-transferable during the current term of membership.
- Have all other rights and privileges of membership not specifically prohibited here.
- Each Studio member must work in a photographic or support capacity by a business of which the primary purpose must be photography. Additional Studio Photographers must be employed in a full- or part-time photographic capacity by the Principal Studio Photographer’s business.
- Provide all current business license number(s)
Need help figuring out how to get your business license? Click here for free help from the Tennessee Small Business Development Center.
- Provide a current state sales tax certificate number
Need help navigating sales tax requirements? Click here for free help from the Tennessee Small Business Development Center.
- Provide confirmation of a current general liability insurance policy (with appropriate limits for their business)
Need help finding appropriate general liability insurance for your business? Click here for insurance recommendations from Professional Photographers of America.
Employees of firms or corporations must provide a statement of employment from the employer on official letterhead.
Your annual membership will auto-renew and you can cancel anytime before your membership renews.
Any member failing to remit their dues by their membership dues due date shall be deemed “Not in good standing.” Failure to remit dues after one month shall be considered cause for cancellation of membership.