This is an individual membership and a limited-term membership type designed to encourage an aspiring professional photographer to develop professional photography ethics, values, and expectations, as well as goals, skills, and techniques with the ultimate goal of becoming a trained, confident, and contributing Active Professional Photographer Member of PPETN.
- Professional Friendships, Networking, & Support System
- Annual Pass for Standard Live Class & Hands-on Workshop Events (example topics below)
- Studio Management
- Sales Techniques
- Pricing Guidance
- Lighting Skills
- Posing Techniques
- Discounted Premium Live Class & Hands-on Workshop Events
- Complimentary Bonus & Social Events Access
- Referral Opportunities
- Member Perks & Savings (10-50% + Freebies)
- Mentorship Program Access
- Online Member Community & Forum Access
- Skill & Portfolio Development
- Professional Image Competition Opportunities (Monthly & Annual)
- Win Awards in Professional Competitions (Monthly & Annual)
- Online Publicity for Award-Winning Images
- Eligible to win East Tennessee “Photographer of the Year”
- Laughlin Photography Scholarship Opportunity
- Leadership Opportunities
- Creative & Business Inspiration
- Certified Professional Photographer Support & Preparation
- PPA Merit-earning Opportunities
- Professional Accountability & Encouragement
- Easy Membership Management
- Future Benefits Development
- And much, much more…
- Active Aspiring Photographer Members are encouraged to also be members in good standing with the Professional Photographers of America, Inc. (PPA). If a PPETN Member is also a PPA Member, they are required to supply their PPA membership number.
- Active Aspiring Photographer Members:
- Do not have voting rights nor can they hold office in PPETN.
- May enter submissions to the Laughlin Print Photography Competition (monthly) or PPETN Annual Image Salon Competition, but may not vote in the competitions.
- Have all other rights and privileges of membership not specifically prohibited here.
The Active Aspiring Photographer Membership type is offered one time only and is not offered to members who, at any point in time, have been Active Professional Photographer Members, Active Professional Studio Members, Retired Professional Photographer Members, or Honorary Professional Photographer Members. The Active Aspiring Photographer Membership type may, at the discretion of the B.O.D., not be offered to an individual whose professional experience suggests they are not an aspiring professional photographer.
- Be preparing for a career in photography
Be a new “entry level” professional employed full-time in a photographic capacity by a firm or corporation
Operate a photography-related business in its first two years of existence.
- Provide all current business license number(s) (if operating a business related to the photography profession)
Need help figuring out how to get your business license? Click here for free help from the Tennessee Small Business Development Center.
- Provide a current state sales tax certificate number (if operating a business related to the photography profession)
Need help navigating sales tax requirements? Click here for free help from the Tennessee Small Business Development Center.
- Provide confirmation of a current general liability insurance policy (with appropriate limits for their business; if operating a business related to the photography profession)
Need help finding appropriate general liability insurance for your business? Click here for insurance recommendations from Professional Photographers of America.
Employees of firms or corporations must provide a statement of employment from the employer on official letterhead.
The dues of membership for an Active Aspiring Photographer Member are $75 per year, and are discounted to $40 per year for new members for up to two 12-month terms (pre-paid). After this, Active Aspiring Photographer Members will renew at the full rate of $75 per year, or they may renew as Active Professional Photographer Members or Active Professional Studio Members.
Your annual membership will auto-renew and you can cancel anytime before your membership renews.
Any member failing to remit their dues by their membership dues due date shall be deemed “Not in good standing.” Failure to remit dues after one month shall be considered cause for cancellation of membership.