Enter Your Work in PPETN’s Professional Photography Competitions
With all the competitions PPETN holds for professional photographers, it’s easy to put your work on display and see how it stacks up against your peers. The Laughlin Print Photography Competition is designed to, over the course of the year, find East Tennessee’s absolute best photographer in terms of quality and consistency. Awards are on the line as well, including the prestigious Pro’s Choice “East Tennessee Photographer of the Year” trophy and the respected Pro’s Choice “East Tennessee Photographer of the Month” recognition.
Submitting your images online for the Laughlin Print Photography Competition is easy:
- Read the submission guidelines and deadlines.
- Double check your images to make sure they meet the specifications and guidelines required.
- Upload your entry’s digital images below.
- Follow the submission guidelines for submitting physical prints, entry fees, and deadlines at the competition.
It’s that simple! Make sure you follow the submission guidelines, or your entry may not be accepted.
PPETN competition volunteers donate their time to facilitating and rewarding members in PPETN’s competitions—please don’t expect them to donate additional tedious and free work to correct simple submission guideline mistakes. Thank you!
Required Guidelines for Image Eligibility:
- Entrant must have captured and created the original exposure.
- If an entry, in the good-faith opinion of members of the Board of Directors, violates copyright, trademark or any other applicable law, then that entry shall be disqualified.
- The entrant’s name or studio name shall not appear anywhere on any image entered.
- No entry will be eligible that has been made under the supervision of an instructor or as a class assignment. Entries created at a class or workshop completely independent of instruction or input, and not as a class assignment, are eligible.
- No two entries in the same competition shall be of the same subject.
- A total of four (4) entries are allowed per competition.
- Members of the Board of Directors will have the authority to settle any question not specifically covered by these rules and their decision will be final. Any entries not following these rules may be disqualified.
- A Master Artist entry may be reproduced from an existing photograph, portrait, graphic or any other artwork produced by another person as long as the maker is willing and able to provide appropriate written permission for use at any time before, during or after the competition.
Laughlin Print Photography Competition Submissions
Are you entering prints into PPETN’s monthly Laughlin Print Photography Competition? Make sure you follow all the submission guidelines so your print is eligible to receive votes for the Pro’s Choice “Photographer of the Month” and Pro’s Choice “Photographer of the Year” awards.
The Pro’s Choice “Photographer of the Year” is awarded based on the cumulative monthly votes of fellow professional photographers. Entry fees provide funding each year for the awarding of the Michael Laughlin Memorial Scholarship. This is a $500 scholarship for which members can apply to attend any PPA-approved school or training event. You can compete to be this year’s Pro’s Choice “Photographer of the Year” and benefit PPETN’s scholarship fund at the same time!
All Laughlin Print Photography Competition award-winning images will be published on PPETN’s website with back-links to your website (if available). This boosts all award-winning photographers’ exposure (P.R.) and SEO (search engine optimization)!
*If you choose to submit images via portable media, that media may not be returned. In the case of USB flash drives, the drive must be well labeled and will be returned to you at a later date. Please communicate with PPETN’s Web Editor to share how and when you prefer to have your drive returned to you, and they will do what he can to make that happen.