Annual Image Salon Photography Competition Submissions
Are you entering prints into PPETN’s Annual Image Salon Photography Competition? Make sure you follow all the submission guidelines so your print is eligible for judging and the coveted “Best in Show” awards.
The goal of this competition is different than that of the Laughlin Print Photography Competition, which strives to find the best photographer in East Tennessee for the year, as well as fund the Michael Laughlin Memorial Scholarship. Here, the goal is to find the best images of the year in East Tennessee, period. As such, PPETN brings in guest PPA judges to score each entry and determine which images are the absolute best.
Submitting your images online for the Annual Image Salon Photography Competition is easy:
- Understand the image eligibility requirements (below), submission requirements (below), and submission deadlines (below).
- Submit your entry fee payment.
- Continue to the entry submission page after paying.
- Read the submission requirements, then double check your digital files to make sure they meet EVERY specification and guideline required.
- Upload your entries.
It’s that simple! Make sure you follow the submission guidelines, or your entry will not be accepted.
PPETN competition volunteers donate their time to facilitating and rewarding members in PPETN’s competitions—please don’t expect them to donate additional time to tediously correct simple submission guideline mistakes. Thank you!
Step 2 of 2: Annual Image Salon Photography Competition Entry Digital Submission
The second step to entering the Annual Image Salon Photography Competition is to submit your entry online.
You must submit your entry and upload your images immediately after submitting your payment, so don’t delay after you’ve paid your entry fee.
Instructions: When you click the button below, you will be directed to PrintCompetition.com, where you will need to create a new account. Once you create a new account, you should click PPETN’s logo on your profile dashboard page (visible when the competition is open). You will then answer the questions and follow the instructions listed to “Create A New Image Entry”.
Please note: You will be required to pay a $7 fee to PrintCompetition.com to enter. Because this is an additional cost to you, PPETN is granting all entrants in the Annual Image Salon Competition 3 complimentary entries in the April Laughlin Print Competition.
*By submitting images to this competition, you verify that you have read all competition requirements and that the images you are submitting meet EVERY SPECIFICATION of the competition requirements (we recommend double-checking every requirement—especially image file and metadata requirements). You understand that if the images you submit do not meet EVERY competition requirement, they will be ineligible for submission and will be disqualified prior to the competition.
Entry Requirements for the Annual Image Salon Photography Competition
- The competition opens on Feb. 22, 2017.
- Early bird pricing ($25 off entry fees) ends on Feb. 28, 2017 at 11:59 pm (Eastern Time).
- All entries must be submitted by March 6, 2017 at 11:59 pm (Eastern Time).
- The competition is on March 16, 2017.
Required Guidelines for Image Eligibility:
- Entrant must have captured and created the original exposure.
- If an entry, in the good-faith opinion of the Jury Chairperson, violates copyright, trademark or any other applicable law, then that entry shall be disqualified.
- The entrant’s name or studio name shall not appear anywhere in the file name or on any image entered.
- No entry will be eligible that has been made under the supervision of an instructor or as a class assignment.
- No two entries in the same case shall be of the same subject.
- Entry media is for digital files only. Images and album pages will only be accepted as digital files.
- A total of six (6) entries are allowed.
- The Jury Chairperson will have the authority to decide on any image’s category classification or question not specifically covered by these rules and the Chairperson’s decision will be final. Any entries not following these rules may be disqualified.
- An entry in the Master Artist category may be reproduced from an existing photograph, portrait, graphic or any other artwork produced by another person as long as the maker is willing and able to provide appropriate written permission for use at any time before, during or after the competition.
Digital Single-Image Entries
- Image Resolution: Must be sized so the longest dimension is 4,000 pixels at 200 pixels per inch.
- Color Profiles & File Size: Each image must contain the embedded color profile of Adobe RGB 1998 and be saved at the highest JPG quality setting where the total file size does not exceed 3.5 MB.
- File Names: Must use this convention: CategoryAbbreviation_Image-Title (using – for spaces). Studio identification or maker’s name may not appear on any file name in the image entry.
- Example: A1_See-Spot-Run.jpg
- The Maker’s Name: Must be embedded in the IPTC metadata under Creator/Author.
- Example: Doe_John
- The Image Title: Must be embedded in quotation marks in the IPTC metadata under Title/Document.
- Example: “See Spot Run”
- The Maker’s Copyright: Must be embedded in the IPTC metadata under Caption. Website is optional.
- Example: © John Doe, http://website.com/
You must designate one of the below categories for each entry.
- Child (Individual): P1
- Male (Individual): P2
- Female (Individual): P3
- Pets: P4
- Couples: G1
- More Than Two: G2
- Abstract: I1
- Editorial: I2
- Photojournalism (sports, news, etc.): I3
- City/Landscape: I4
- Commercial/Architectural: I5
- Wildlife: I6
- Bridal Portrait: W1
- Event: W2
- Open: A1
- Wedding: A2
- Master Artist
- All Master Artist: M1