We will be holding our monthly 8×10 print competition this month.
Here is a reminder of the rules:
- You must be an active member in good standing to enter.
- You must own the copyright and/or right to submit the print for competition.
- Prints must be 8×10 or 8×12 in size with no marks to identify the photographer.
- Price is $3 per print.
- There is no limit to the number of prints you may submit.
- Provide sRGB JPG files on CD of the images you submit (up to 600 pixels on the long side) to post on the website, blog, and/or community forum.
- Prints must be submitted by 6:30pm.
- Submitting prints licenses SMPP/PPETN to post images on the organization website (website, blog, forum).
- Proceeds will go towards the Michael Laughlin scholarship fund.
- Active members in good standing and honorary memers may vote.
- Voting shall take place between 6:30pm and 6:45pm.
- Each member chooses their choise for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place.
- 1st place = 3 points. 2nd place = 2 points. 3rd place = 1 point.
- Winners will be based on the total accumulated points for each print.
- 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners will be announced before presenting that night’s speaker.
The SMPP/PPETN “Photographer of the Year” will be awarded to the person who has accumulated the highest number of points throughout the calendar year. This award is based on each member’s efforts as they present their work to their piers, and the votes of their piers. This allows us to challenge each other to continue to improve our work throughout the year.
Winners will be announced here in the blog, as well as on our Community Forum. Several members have asked if we can discuss prints that either won, or didn’t so they can understand what people liked/disliked about prints submitted. Since we have such a short amount of time during monthly meetings, and don’t want to take away from the speaker’s time, we will post winning images (and non-winning images upon request) in the Community Forum where we can dicuss the images in greater detail!