Would you like to attend ImagingUSA in Nashville and start your 2015 off with a blast? IUSA will be held February 1-3, 2015 in Nashville, TN.
What is ImagingUSA?
Imaging USA is the longest running national photographic convention, expo and image exhibition in the United States, drawing thousands of professionals from around the world. Dating back to 1880, when it began as the annual convention and trade show for Professional Photographers of America, the event is always growing and evolving.
Major components of Imaging USA are the three-day Imaging EXPO trade show, several all-inclusive parties and presentations by some of the biggest names in the photographic industry. Imaging USA’s renowned educational classes are geared to improve a photographer’s business skills, photographic repertoire and use of technologies.
For info about speakers, programs, the expo, and much, much more, visit ImagingUSA.org.
Why should I volunteer at IUSA?
Aside from having the opportunity to see the finest Instructors in the world in action and building friendships with the other photographers on the Convention Committee Team, you will receive:
- Complimentary Convention Registration
- Two PPA Service Merits
Testimonial for volunteering:
I served as a volunteer in Atlanta in 2013 and got 2 of my favorite choices to provide support to as their volunteer team leader: a) Sarah Petty and b) Woody Walters. I had a great time getting to know them better.
– Ambler Brown, 2014 PPETN President
What would I be required to do?
As a Convention Committee Volunteer Worker, you would be asked to:
- Attend the Mandatory Orientation Session, which will be held on Saturday, January 31, 2015 at 5:30 p.m.
- Assist with two Convention Programs each day-Sunday, Monday and Tuesday
- Attend the Daily Briefing each day to stay up to date on any changes in programming. The daily briefing is held on Sunday and Monday at 12:15 PM and includes a luncheon each day and on Tuesday afternoon at 1:15 PM, there is an appreciation luncheon.
What would my daily duties as a Convention Committee Volunteer be?
- Support Convention Committee and Event Staff.
- Support Instructors with set-up, etc.
- Check badges of attendees at classroom doors.
- Assist with Instructors’ props.
- Display Instructors’ prints.
- Pass out any “Hand out” material as requested by Instructor.
Is there a Dress Code?
Yes, there is a dress code for all Convention Volunteers and Staff. It is as follows:
- Long-sleeved Orange Oxford Shirt (Two will be provided to any first time volunteers-must be returned on the last day of IUSA)
- Black Slacks-No jeans or shorts, please.
- Black Close toed, comfortable shoes—i.e. walking shoes, etc
IUSA 2015 Volunteer Application
Volunteer Applicants can download a WORD version and a PDF version of the application for IUSA 2015. Both can be filled in and saved and emailed. Submit completed applications to Debbie Scott at email@example.com or they can fax it to Debbie at 713-694-2197. All volunteers must be PPA Members.