- When: Thursday, December 17, 2015 from 6:00-9:00pm (REQUIRED RSVP by Dec. 9 at 5pm—see below)
- Where: Club LeConte (800 S Gay St, Knoxville, TN 37929 – click for directions)
- Parking: FREE parking is available in the Dwight Kessel Municipal Parking Garage (directions) and the BB&T Building Parking Garage (directions) which are across the street adjacent to the First Tennessee Bank Building. Parking at FTB is $3 per vehicle arriving after 5:00 PM.
- Note: Club LeConte is located on the 27th floor of the First Tennessee Bank Building. Press “C” when riding the elevator up!
- What: Professional Photographers of East Tennessee Annual Awards Banquet, Christmas Party, & Auction
- PPETN Members: REQUIRED RSVP by Dec. 9 at 5pm—see below (Dinner order required)
- Non-Members: REQUIRED RSVP by Dec. 9 at 5pm—see below (Dinner order required)
- Suggested Dress: Attendees are recommended to dress up for this special occasion! You can define what “dress up” means to you, but aim to impress everyone. There will be photographs taken of attendees at this event.
The December meeting for PPETN (Professional Photographers of East Tennessee) will be Thursday, December 17 at Club LeConte in downtown Knoxville. The meeting will be special, as we will have a banquet-style dinner, awards ceremony program, and an auction for photography products and equipment.
Pro Photo Christmas Party
Each year, PPETN celebrates the season with a Christmas Party in December!
To provide a special experience and additional value for our members, PPETN has reserved the prestigious Club LeConte for our annual party. This is one of Knoxville’s most exclusive private clubs. They are waiving both the membership requirement for someone to sponsor our group and the usual rental fee for the room. We will be in the Cumberland Room, which has a beautiful view of both the Tennessee River and the Great Smoky Mountains.
Because of this special venue, pre-paid reservations are required by 5:00pm on Wednesday, Dec. 9 to attend (RSVP info below).
Social / Banquet Dinner
Members, visitors, and all guests are encouraged to arrive early for our social and banquet dinner. This part of our annual party will allow all pro photographers—young and old, new and experienced—and their guests to network, socialize, and enjoy each others’ company. Everyone will be reflecting on what we’ve done this year, and there will be good times had by all!
As a benefit of this venue, we have a special dinner menu which attendees can order from. The PPETN Board has voted to subsidize the cost for members and up to one guest of a member who attend in the amount of $10 per person. Other guests and non-members must pay the full amount for their meal.
The four plated dinner entree options below include a gourmet house salad, chef’s choice of vegetables, club rolls, and dessert. All prices include entree, sides, beverage service, 22% service tip, and sales tax (prices are fixed—we cannot change beverages, tip, or tax). Format: (Full Price/Subsidized Price).
- Item A – Chicken Cordon Bleu Holiday Plate ($38.65/$28.65)
- Item B – Maryland Jumbo Crab Cakes ($45.32/$35.32)
- Item C – Certified Black Angus NY Strip Steak ($57.31/$47.31)
- Item D – Scampi Style Shrimp Pasta ($41.32/$31.32)
Beverage service includes water, iced tea, and coffee. Pepsi products are available on request. A cash bar will also be available.
Place Dinner Order (required prior to RSVPing)
Instructions: If you do not have any guests attending with you, complete steps 1-3 then check out through PayPal. If you have guests attending with you, complete steps 1-6.
- Choose the meal price below for the first meal you would like to order (select the appropriate price if you are ordering a subsidized or full-price meal).
- Enter the full name of the person this meal is for.
- Click “Add to Cart” (this will open a new tab/window on PayPal’s website where your meal will be added to your “cart” for checking out).
- If you have guests, return to the PPETN.com tab/window (do NOT close the PayPal tab/window).
- Complete steps 1-3 for each guest who will be attending with you. Their meals will be added to your “cart” each time you click “Add to Cart” (only add one meal at a time).
- Checkout on the PayPal website with however many guest meals you have added to your “cart”.
Thank you for ordering your meal(s)! Once you have completed paying for your order, YOU MUST RSVP using the form below!
RSVP (Required AFTER paying above)[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]
Our annual Awards Ceremony will recognize:
- The many award-winning photographers from the 2015 PPETN Annual Image Salon (Photography Competition)
- Our most distinguished annual award will also be announced: the 2015 Pro’s Choice “East Tennessee Photographer of the Year”.
- The 2015 Michael Laughlin Photography Scholarship recipient
All award-winners will be photographed when receiving awards, so we recommend dressing up!
In addition to giving out many awards, our members will elect the 2016 PPETN Board of Directors and Committee Members.
One of the more exciting events during our annual Christmas Party is the Auction. We will be auctioning off numerous items professional photographers might be interested in, including photography equipment and products.
In the past, auction items have included:
- Alien Bee 400 Strobe Light
- Studio Management Software
- CreativeLive classes
- Prints & Products from many Pro Labs
- OnOne Suite
- UT Certificate Program class
- A year subscription to Kelby Training
- Miller’s Photo Lab credits
- Topaz plugins
- Gift certificates to Nations Photo Lab
- and much, much more!
There will be many deals to be had during our Auction—be sure to bring your wallet or you’ll be sorry you missed out on them!
Proceeds from the Auction benefit the general operating budget for PPETN.
Laughlin Print Photography Competition
There will be no Laughlin Print Photography Competition at this event. We will be announcing the 2015 East Tennessee Photographer of the Year based on the competitions held earlier during the year.
PPETN Door Prizes
There will be no PPETN Door Prizes at this event. We will be holding a Live Auction for many great photography products and equipment.