We’re glad to hear that you are considering joining our esteemed organization. There are many benefits to membership – click here for a list of a few of them. All members must agree and uphold our code of ethics that can be read at the bottom of the page here.
You are welcome to attend one meeting for free. Thereafter, all non-members are charged $20 per meeting.
There are various membership types that are outlined below. If you have any questions, feel free to contact anyone on the board – click here for the list.
1. Professional Active Member: $75 per year. Individual membership, basic membership category of PPETN. Professional Active members must be employed full time in a photographic capacity by a firm or corporation or operate a business with the primary purpose of assignment photography. Professional Active Members owning their own business must furnish a copy of their current
business license (when applicable) and sales tax certificate. Employees of firms and corporations must provide a statement of employment. Professional Active Members must be a member in good standing with Professional Photographers of America, Inc. (PPA) and supply their PPA membership number. Professional Active Members have all rights and privileges of membership including holding office and voting.
2. Additional Associate Member: $40 per year. Employee and/or partner of Professional Active member. This category is open to non-photographer members of a studio or firm’s staff. PPA membership is not required but is recommended. This membership category does not have voting rights nor can they hold office in PPETN. They may not enter prints in the monthly 8×10 or annual salon competitions.
3. Studio Membership: $125 per year. Studio membership is one fee for a multi-employee studio for up to four persons listed on the application. Each person listed must be engaged in a photographic or support capacity by a business with the primary purpose of assignment photography. The studio must furnish a copy of their current business license (when applicable) and sales tax certificate. Each listed member must provide a statement of employment. At least one Studio member listed must be a member in good standing with Professional Photographers of America, Inc. (PPA) and supply their PPA membership number. Studio Members have all rights and privileges of membership including holding office and voting.
4. Aspiring Photographer: $40 per year. An individual preparing for a career in photography or a new “entry level” professional (in photography related business under two year). This membership category does not have voting rights nor can they hold office in PPETN. Aspiring Photographers do not need to be PPA members. They may enter prints in the monthly 8×10 or annual salon competitions, but may not vote. This category is for two year and is offered one time only.
5. Student or Instructor: $20 a year. Any student or instructor pursuing photography or in the field of photography that is currently enrolled or teaching. These members do not have voting rights, nor can hold office, nor enter monthly print competitions for Photographer of the Year. Proof of student and instructor status must be given to Treasurer upon membership submission.
6. Retired Member: $25 per year. Individuals no longer active in a business with at least five years continuous membership of PPETN. Retired members have no voting rights nor can they hold office in PPETN.
7. Commercial Member: $75 per year. Commercial members must provide at least $125 in advertising per year. Manufacturers, laboratories, and publishers in photography. Commercial Members have no voting rights nor can they hold office in PPETN.
8. Honorary Member: No charge. Honorary membership is bestowed only at the discretion of the board of directors and must be recorded in the PPETN Board Minutes. Membership in PPA is recommended. Honorary members have no voting rights nor can they hold office in PPETN. Honorary members may vote in the monthly 8×10 print competitions.
9. Individual Monthly Program Pass: $20 per month. (First visit is complementary). One-year tenure. Individual must join PPETN after one year as a Professional Active member. (Individual cannot use individual monthly program pass one year then drop out a year and then use individual monthly program pass the next.) Individual has no voting rights nor can they hold office in PPETN or enter prints in competitions. Payment is to be made at each monthly meeting attended.
10. Attending Companion: No Charge. A spouse, child, or person(s) providing transportation to a paying member who is not in the photographic business. They may audit the meeting on a space-available basis. They may not vote, hold office, or enter print competitions.
Pro-Rating for New Members: New members joining throughout the year can join as a Professional Active Member. Membership dues will be pro-rated for the first year at a rate of $20 per quarter (example: Joining October-December $20, July-September $40, April- June $60). Full annual dues will be required the following year.
To join is a two-step process:
STEP 1 – please fill out the form below and select the submit button at the bottom (* indicates required fields)
STEP 2 – select your membership type from the drop down menu and select the Subscribe button (All memberships are on auto-renewal. You may cancel at any time, but no refunds will be given for the current term.)