The Professional Photographers of East Tennessee (PPETN) is a non-profit professional photography trade organization promoting professionalism and cooperation throughout the region. Our membership consists of the area’s top photographers that are dedicated to providing the highest quality imagery, customer service, and products available. We are the local affiliate group of Professional Photographers of America (PPA) and are closely associated with Tennessee Professional Photographers (TNPPA).
We meet monthly to listen to presentations from nationally recognized speakers, to discuss the newest trends, to have group photo sessions, and to support each other socially as well as within our businesses. Click here for a calendar of our events, and here to join our members-only Facebook group/discussion board.
We are dedicated to the highest standards:
PPETN CODE OF ETHICS
PPETN members strive at all times to upgrade and improve their knowledge and skills of professional photography, marketing, and related areas, and to present all photographic services in a manner which reflects the highest levels of professionalism.
- Deal with all users of photography and the general public with honesty, integrity, and respect.
- Do not use any marketing or competitive practice which violates any Federal Trade Commission or other Federal or State regulatory agency rule or regulation, or Federal, State or Local statutes, or any decision of any Federal or State Court.
- Strive to produce photography and photographic services in accordance with the highest levels of professionalism.
- In all dealings with fellow professional photographers, students, and others who aspire to be professional photographers, share knowledge and skill of professional photography.
- Support efforts for and assist in the education of all interested persons and the general public in the art and science of professional photography.
- Cooperate whenever possible with other members of this association and assist whenever possible should they be in trouble or experience difficulties.
- Strive to be both professional and respectable.
A copy of our most recent by-laws can be read by clicking here.
PPETN’s financial status is in good standing and a copy of the PPETN Financial Statement is available to any member upon request. Requests should be made to the Treasurer whose contact information can be found here.