About the Association
The Professional Photographers of East Tennessee (PPETN) is East Tennessee’s official professional photography trade organization. PPETN is more than a local camera club, photography group, or discussion forum—it is an established not-for-profit organization promoting professionalism, advancement, and cooperation in photography throughout the region. PPETN membership consists of the area’s top photographers dedicated to providing the highest quality imagery, customer service, and products.
The two primary purposes of this organization are:
- To promote the exchange of ideas and techniques as related to photography.
- To maintain the highest degree of professional standards in photography.
Pro Photography Events
PPETN organizes events every month to support, promote, and advance the profession of photography in East Tennessee.
PPETN events are designed to benefit all levels of pro photographers. They include:
- Seminars by industry leaders and nationally-recognized speakers
- Workshops to practice and develop new skills, techniques, or styles (often in correlation with topics covered in seminars)
- Socials to build professional and personal relationships and networks
- Competitions and awards ceremonies
- Photo Safaris
- …and more!
Code of Ethics
Lastly, to maintain the highest degree of professional standards in photography, PPETN has adopted a Code of Ethics. This code, which all PPETN members agree to abide by at all times, protects and promotes the highest standards in the profession of photography.